The rapid social and economic changes and growing complexity of today’s society require academics and professionals who can integrate different fields of knowledge into new solutions. The interdisciplinary BSc PPLE at the University of Amsterdam provides the necessary tools to address these challenges.
- Politics – The exercise of power has a dramatic impact on which issues make it to the public agenda. An interdisciplinary approach to political science will help you to understand the processes of power and how change comes about.
- Psychology – The human factor is a critical variable in almost all the complex problems we face today. Psychology, as the study of human behaviour, will give you the insights needed to unravel the role we as humans play in topics such as social inequalities or consumer behaviour.
- Law – As a guiding framework for modern societies, law and justice cannot be ignored when addressing complex social issues. Interdisciplinary courses in law will help you interpret problems through the lens of the legal system.
- Economics – Money makes the world go round, and it is often at the heart of many challenges societies currently face. Knowing how and why resources are distributed will give you an advantage in understanding these problems and finding a solution that works for many different types of stakeholder.
- Career perspectives – As a graduate of PPLE, you will belong to the new generation of ‘interdisciplinary thinkers’. If you choose to continue your academic study, PPLE will provide you with a solid basis for disciplinary or interdisciplinary Master’s programmes. You will also be well prepared for an international career in academia, governance/public service or the corporate sector.